Why become a member? ×

(Re)Mixing Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='ironside1966' timestamp='1416254844' post='2608402']
A big thanks to everyone who voted for me, I have been certified thanks to Dad3353.
Some great entries this challenge IMHO if Scol33 had entered his remix he would have won.
I was well out of my comfort zone with this challenge I can tell you. It took a lot of trial and error to even find direction I was comfortable with. I was working on midi drums for another song when I had this silly idea to see what they would sound like with Hushe Mamba, I never thought it would work has the songs were completely different styles and rhythms but I was desperate for any sort of inspiration or direction. I did and with a little rearranging it started to feel right so I just picked up the bass and started jamming, with the modern beat and the bass line sorted the rest fell into place.
Once again a big than you to everyone involved or even just had a listen to the tracks. and a really big thank you to Scol33 for all his hard work and to London Zulu for allowing me to butcher their fine work.
[/quote]

I voted yours. Beautifully produced and it spoke to me, being an It Bites fan and it reminding me of Murder of the Planet Earth :) Very interesting take on the original. Great bass too. The other mixes were excellent and I'll post some thoughts later.

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1416267333' post='2608609']
I voted yours. Beautifully produced and it spoke to me, being an It Bites fan and it reminding me of Murder of the Planet Earth :) Very interesting take on the original. Great bass too. The other mixes were excellent and I'll post some thoughts later.
[/quote]

Thank you, glad you like it I was a fan of it bites so some of that might have crept in. I know what you mean when you say a mix speaks to you that’s how I know I am on the right track.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1416216516' post='2607903']
Damn! I thought I had more time! I had only listened to half the entries, so hadn't cast my vote. No big deal, though.

Well done, Ironside :) I've heard your tracks in previous challenges, so I'm not surprised you're the winner :)
[/quote]
Thank you, I felt this was far more than just mixing it was about Ideas and then putting the ideas in to practice I found this quite hard.