Why become a member? ×

NCD TC Electronics BC212

bonzodog

Finally after much debating of a smaller cab than my Hartke 410TP i ordered a TC BC212 which has been delivered today.
I will be running it with my Hartke LH500 and using my Hartke Bass Attack pedal for added variety.
Ordered from soundslive a fair bit cheaper than others are selling, yesterday afternoon and delivered this morning with a free speakon lead. Cant fault that for service!!

I have a couple of small gigs coming up to use it then I plan to get either another Bc212 or Bc210 to go with it, which should complement my LH500 nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first gig with it on Saturday and was very impressed. I had tried it out previously in a shop but this was its first outing with my LH500 and in a pub setting. I was surprised with how much top end it achieved and found myself having to pull back on the LH500 highs to get the sound I wanted. Didnt have to use my attack pedal as I was more than happy with the sound I achieved. We play Mod covers so I like a nice punch with a fair bit of mid range.
This is a very rowdy pub with lots of noise so I had my amp up louder than I would have preferred (12 o'clock) but I am under no illusions that one 212 is probably not loud enough for a loud pub so I drip fed some in to the PA to compensate.
I was undecided as to whether to buy a 210 or 212 to go with it next month when I get paid, but after last Saturday I think i will definitely go for another 212.

Other benefit was the weight at 19 kilos, I was able to carry it in to the gig with ease.

Very happy so now on the look out for a good second hand BC212

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1411483640' post='2559927']
I use a pair of BC212s as well. They sound monster on their sides in a 2x2 config rather than the tall 1x4 config. Something about the speaker orientation just makes it sound full and awesome. Makes sense to get a matching 212 rather than a 210. :)
[/quote]

Yes i think youre right and am searching the web as we speak :)