Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang?

ChunkyMunky

I was recently at the mini-bass bash and I managed to forget to bring my cab for it. Thankfully, a very kind gentleman (whose name and username escapes me) lent me his Glockenlang cabinet. I plugged my MarkBass F1 head into it and wow - I was amazed by it. I'd love to know more about the type of stuff available and the kind of stuff that is does better than it's other competitors. Does anyone here own anything from the line and could chime in on this? I get the impression it's certainly connoisseurs stuff.

Their stuff is fantastic. I think if I had to buy a new cab, then these would be on my (very) shortlist. Glock stuff isn't old school/ampeg territory, but it's very clear and quite transparent and full/deep. Musical is a word that springs to mind. In a sea of pretty 'quacky', nasal sounding cabs so common nowadays these things really stand out for me. If you have a good sound, you can do a lot with it, so I suspect they would be very versatile. Need to play them some more, I had one hired for me in Holland once. I have used old Epi series 1 cabs for years, Glock stuff always interests me. Hopefully they will become more common place here so we can get our hands on some of their fine kit!