Why become a member? ×

Different "flightcase"

Si600

I "found" two ammo boxes in my garage last night, stamped P59 MK2 1945, neither have any original condition worth, one is completely brown and the other I painted black when I got it years ago. I'm thinking of rubbing the black one down and repainting it, either plain black again or an appropriate army green, and then foam lining the inside for use as a cable box or microphone case.

Any other suggestions what else to do with them? I can see it being more of a pain to lug about with cables in than a shoulder bag, it would be different though!

:)

I use a few ammo boxes for old tools. I don't think I'd bother using them as flight cases for cables and stuff as they are fairly heavy and far stronger than really necessary. I tend to use those aluminium boxes from the likes of Maplin for stuff like cables and misc bits and pieces.

If this ad is typical, your ammo boxes are worth around £20
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P59-MK2-G-amp-M-L-1945-Ammunition-Ammo-Box-/360618887408