Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1987 G&L El Toro
£800

neepheid

A shortfall in my new car expenditure means I will have to let this one go. 1987 G&L El Toro bass. Ash body, maple neck, maple board. Black body, matching black headstock. Black crinkle coated hardware. 2x Bi-Pole pickups (AKA Mini-MFD). Controls as follows - volume, passive treble cut, passive bass cut, black switch = pickup selector, red switch = bass boost (bypass pickup selector and wire both pickups in series with additional capacitor), white switch = active/passive.

Bass is in pretty good condition for its age, there is a fingernail sized bit of finish missing on the top body edge about in line with the bridge, a couple of small finish chips in the end of the matching headstock, a little buckle rash, and a tiny spot on the back of the neck where the finish has worn - can't say I notice it when I'm playing. Also worth noting is that the bass pot was replaced - original one had a broken track.

Comes with original G&L ABS plastic hard case - one latch is missing but the three remaining keep it working well enough.

Looking for £800 plus postage. Depending on the bass I might be interested in trades for basses of less monetary value (£400 or less) plus cash my way - another Gibson restoration project? Try me :)

Body finish chip:

Headstock:

Neck finish wear (yes, that wee darker spot)

Rash (not caused by me - really don't understand why this even has to happen, irritating)

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1410113292' post='2546279']
Oooof, i'll take your G&L, your Ripper, your LP DC and your Victory! Don't suppose you have a G&L Interceptor somewhere? :)
[/quote]

Ha, it was a 6 year old Honda Civic I bought, not a Bugatti Veyron ;)