Why become a member? ×

Squire Vintage Modified Jass Maple Body

markytbass

Open to offers will sell as just the body or fully loaded, I have the original P style knobs which I replaced with Jazz one's. This body has no dings, I will get some more close up pics later on.

Might even sell as complete bass although please note it doesn't have original neck.

[attachment=11317:basses1_021.jpg]

Edited by markytbass

[quote]Theses ones are:

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0326702521"]http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0326702521[/url][/quote]

That's the one, only some idiot took the original neck off and stuck one on from a different bass (long story)

[quote name='Wayward-Wanderer' post='249816' date='Jul 28 2008, 05:30 PM']Just to ask, what strings are they?
The black string effect is kickass!
What neck does it have then?
and Trade for a Squier Vintage Telebass?[/quote]

they're Rotosound Tru-Bass black nylon tapewounds... I've got a set waiting to go on my VMJ... got to get a new nut first as the E string is .115 way fatter than standard... and the G string also runs the risk of breaking the nut at .065

I've currently got LaBella black nylon tapewounds on mine...

I'm planning to track down a black Badass II bridge, black tuners & string tree and also try to find a black chrome control assembly plate... I've already replaced the existing knobs with black ones...

you've got me tempted on the telebass... but I ain't trading my VMJ for it...

The bass looks like this at the mo, It's a stag neck and I've reshaped the headstock as I didn't like the look of it nor the metal badge. I also had to plug the original holes in the neck and re-drill them as the last bloke just used the original holes and the neck didn't sit right. And yes they are Roto Tru-bass strings (nice to)

[attachment=11330:basses1_020.jpg]

Ahh did you buy that off ebay by any chance? I messaged the seller about that when it was up and asked if he had the original neck... apparently he used it in a project or something. why he couldn't have just bought a jazz knockoff neck i don't know. I wouldn't touch it with a stagg neck though (no offence). Would be a really nice bass with the original (or similar) jazz neck though. I'm gonna buy a new one (squier VMJ that is) in about september time.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='markytbass' post='249891' date='Jul 28 2008, 07:38 PM']The bass looks like this at the mo, It's a stag neck and I've reshaped the headstock as I didn't like the look of it nor the metal badge. I also had to plug the original holes in the neck and re-drill them as the last bloke just used the original holes and the neck didn't sit right. And yes they are Roto Tru-bass strings (nice to)

[attachment=11330:basses1_020.jpg][/quote]

you lucked in with some tasty grain on that body... Mine has absolutely no grain at all...

I've got the LaBella black nylon tape-wound flats on mine at the moment...

[quote]Ahh did you buy that off ebay by any chance? I messaged the seller about that when it was up and asked if he had the original neck... apparently he used it in a project or something. why he couldn't have just bought a jazz knockoff neck i don't know. I wouldn't touch it with a stagg neck though (no offence). Would be a really nice bass with the original (or similar) jazz neck though. I'm gonna buy a new one (squier VMJ that is) in about september time.[/quote]

Ha, thats the one. I bought it as a cheap bass for those dodgy venues where basses sometimes get damaged or nicked. But the body is so nice I thought I would see if I got any offers on it, if not I was going to get a better neck and keep it.

In the ebay listing it said professionally fitted neck, but I've never seen gaps in a neck join thay you could fit a 2 pence piece into. Like I've said to someone else going by his feedback he seems to have a habit of taking different basses apart and putting them together with the lights off and selling them. :)