Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1971 (now with photos)

chrisanthony1211

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1409732224' post='2542655']
That's lovely. Looks identical to mine, except mine has a fair bit more buckle rash on it, but same lovely sunburst and rich tort plate. Good work sir - a bass for life!
[/quote]
A bass for life indeed, and I think these are great investments which are surely only going to go up in value, I bought a Fullerton 1984 precision two weeks ago for £800 which had been owned by a collector and looks like new, again surely a good investment, I think I've convinced the wife that vintage basses could be a good retirement plan, and lots of fun for me in meantime :-)

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1409732601' post='2542660']
A bass for life indeed, and I think these are great investments which are surely only going to go up in value, I bought a Fullerton 1984 precision two weeks ago for £800 which had been owned by a collector and looks like new, again surely a good investment, I think I've convinced the wife that vintage basses could be a good retirement plan, and lots of fun for me in meantime :-)
[/quote]

Ha ha I bought mine 20 years ago when it was just an old, rather nice and fairly affordable bass, rather than a vintage piece. I could only afford one bass at the time and needed something good quality and practical that I could gig with, and its definitely been a worthy buy over all those years. Great basses.

Oh that is a lovely looking thing! I have serious P-Bass GAS at the moment and this does not help. I am even considering going back to 4 strings and selling my main bass for a good vintage or CS fender P. I am sure you will have years of enjoyment.