Why become a member? ×

Gone to Austria: WAL MK I 1986 lined fretless w/ acid stained maple veneers

spiritchaser

Wow - Wal's must be like busses. You don't see one for ages then 3 come along at once.

Like the others that came up this week this is a serious , top quality instrument and I hope they all stay amongst us. That quality costs , of course , but if you're committed to a life interest that will pay you back ten fold in so many ways then you need to consider these basses while they're available.

[quote name='spiritchaser' post='248796' date='Jul 27 2008, 10:01 AM']Hi all,
thanks for all your warm comments. Yes, these basses really are timeless beauties, and, no, I can't consider trading this one for anything since I need the money to buy wombator's beautiful MIDI WAL MK II. :huh:
If I could, I'd never even thought of selling this one. I reckonyou all know the GAS attacks, but you also have to act in a sensible way not to go bankrupt because of musical instruments ...BTW - I posted that one also on the walbassesnaturally forum. Seems as if the administration did a fine job in recovering my posting abilities.
Cheers & best regards
Oliver[/quote]

I'm a little confused. The headstock transfers alter from pic to pic. Most pics have WAL on the headstock yet one pic has a transfer which reads "Wal Custom Bass" - have you used a stock pic here, you cheeky little monkey, you? :)

Edited by Scoop

[quote name='Scoop' post='249281' date='Jul 28 2008, 12:24 AM']I'm a little confused. The headstock transfers alter from pic to pic. Most pics have WAL on the headstock yet one pic has a transfer which reads "Wal Custom Bass" - have you used a stock pic here, you cheeky little monkey, you? :)[/quote]

Read the original post a bit harder :huh: he has a fretted and fretless neck for it

I think that this is a good decision...you'd be sorry sooner or later to have sold this one.
I sold a Wal MKI in the nineties because the neck seemed not to be fast enough for me.
I still regret it, it had nothing to do with the neck but with my own immaturity..
Wish I had it now, it combined beautiful wood with great electronics.. I still have a gig with that Wal on video and I still feel sorry when I watch it (also because I was a lot thinner in those days...).
So stupid that I am still looking to own that sort of Wal while I had it but sold it..
I own five Wals now but none of them has the looks of that particular Wal.

[quote]So stupid that I am still looking to own that sort of Wal while I had it but sold it...[/quote]
You had my sympathy until this point...
[quote]I own five Wals now but none of them has the looks of that particular Wal.[/quote]
The moral of the story is kind of lost here :)

You made a good decision in keeping it my friend!

Mark

[quote name='spiritchaser' post='251837' date='Jul 31 2008, 07:56 AM']Thank you for your encouraging words! Imagine: two days ago I was playing the bass at home and having "asked" our cat whether I should sell it, she came to me and didn't stop cuddling the fretboard ... :) Strange and also a little eerie come to think of it. So it was actually her that "talked me" into keeping the bass in the end. So, see you tomorrow then! Looking forward to seeing you and your WALs!
Best regards
Oliver[/quote]

See you tomorrow ...I have eight cats by the way !