Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1408825337' post='2533895']
I have this IT problem where the mix I finish in Cubase doesn't transfer in it's entirety when I do an audio mix. Some does but not all of it. So what you hear is an approximation of my mix ��
[/quote]

As a workaround, try rendering (exporting) each individual track/instrument of your composition as a separate file (.WAV format).

Then re-load the resulting audio tracks into Cubase, and THEN try mixing them.

I often do this when my own computer is creaking under the weight of various VSTs and other CPU-hungry software.

Worry a try!

----------

PS: good to see a decent crop this month! I've only briefly skim-listened to each one; impressive stuff.

I'm hoping to write/record my own entry today, once I've tackled a few household chores :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1408871305' post='2534127']...I'm hoping to write/record my own entry today, once I've tackled a few household chores :)[/quote]

Take your time; no sense in rushing things. You've got until midnight; plenty time enough for mowing the lawn, fixing the brakes, washing up, hanging out the laundry and composing/recording a masterpiece. Walk, don't run. :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1408825337' post='2533895']
I have this IT problem where the mix I finish in Cubase doesn't transfer in it's entirety when I do an audio mix. Some does but not all of it. So what you hear is an approximation of my mix ��
[/quote]

If you are using Cubase (not sure what version you have) why not freeze the VSTi tracks?
This will leave you with an audio track (Disengaging the Vsti from use - no CPU hit),
Then if you need to edit the original Midi track just un-freeze.
You can use dozens of tracks without a CPU hit.

Again, not sure what version of Cubase you have, but if it is a full version there is no need to write in Sibelius
then export the Midi file. Cubase has it's own score editor (and it is excellent}.
Any adjustments are directly related to the PRV, that way you are using your sounds (Miroslav?) and not the Sibelius sounds.
So what you write is what you hear, including the various articulations.

If you have 1/2 an hour, a good video using articulations and the score editor in Cubase.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYGykRrwaU

Edited by lowdown

Another hasty creation from me this month. I seem to be making a habit of this last-minute malarkey, which is very out of character but nonetheless good fun.

The track was written and recorded today, in and around various not-so-lazy-Sunday goings on at home. It’s been lovely and bright in Manchester and I’ve been in fine fettle… so I must admit that I struggled to get into the sombre mood of the picture and ended up producing something on the sunnier side of the spectrum.

So yeah; I'm probably about as far away as possible from capturing the image this month. But what the heck. It’s meant to be a love story, right?? ;)

http://soundcloud.com/skollob/give-heart-give-head

I’ve dusted off my fretless for this one. Hence the god awful intonation at times! I find that with fretless - if I don’t keep up the practice, like daily, then my intonation goes to poop. Oh well.

I’ll post up the voting thread at midnight.

Cheers all.

Paul

Better late than never, or so they say. I'll listen with the others (again...) once the voting's up. :)[size=4] [/size]

Any more, In Before The Vote, or likely to be a tad late..? It's going to be another difficult choice this month. That, too, is becoming a habit..! B)[size=4] [/size]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1408534877' post='2531102']
Good afternoon, Bilbo...

If you've a few minutes to consecrate, you may find this interesting...

I think that this could maybe address your issue; I found it very useful (and easy, and free..!). Worth a look..?
[/quote]

Useful stuff, Dad. Opens up some useful ideas for me. Thank you.