Why become a member? ×

Here is my new toy.........mmmmmmmm!

Tone le Bone

[font="Tahoma"][/font]Went to The Gallery in Camden today and bought myself a second hand Darryl Jones 4, black with rosewood board, and I love it! :huh: I didnt think I would get on with the slimmer neck, (my main bass is a Musicman Stingray) but it just felt so comfortable and easy to play, cant wait to try it out in the band.

Here are some piccies, as well as the old stalwart, here are my two beauties, :) .............. Like Mr Ford said,' available in any colour as long as its black' :huh:

Laters, got some practicing to do :huh:

T le B

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='248172' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:33 PM']looks the dogs, what about a tort scratchplate? mmmmmmm ....[/quote]

Had thought about this and then saw Darryl Jones's on the Lakland website with a silver/grey mottled scratchplate,(dont know what its called) but it looks really cool!

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='248172' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:33 PM']looks the dogs, what about a tort scratchplate? mmmmmmm ....[/quote]

naaaah...a [i]black[/i] one...

either way, it's still one of the best-looking basses i've seen...you lucky dog.

Edited by ahpook

That's one very cool looking bass many congrats. Coming from The Gallery I bet the set-up is superb as well !!

By the way, Henry Ford never said "any colour as long as it's black". Model T Fords were available in a range of colours, including blue and green (I definately watch too much QI :)).

[quote name='Rayman' post='248302' date='Jul 26 2008, 10:14 AM']Cracking pair of basses there mate, a ray and a DJ, doesn't get much better than that.[/quote]

Having joined the Ray and DJ club recently, I can attest to this! I have a DJ4 in white pearl with maple fingerboard, a DJ5 in black with a maple fingerboard, and a trans orange 3EQ Ray with a maple fingerboard :) They are all fantastic basses, I doubt I will sell any of them, unless I'm really badly in need of cash!

I think I may have played this actual bass at the gallery a couple of weeks ago, it's a very nice player, and the setups at the gallery are very good! Do you know what pickups are in it? I have Aero pickups and a J-Retro in both my DJ's, and IMO they sound bloody awesome!!

Nice Ray too...You've got yourself a lovely collection!