Why become a member? ×

Best Graphite Neck

chrisanthony1211

I had a Status neck and it was beautifully made, very stable and the bass hardly ever needed tuning once it was fitted. It seemed to increase sustain. What I didn't like was what it did to the tone, but I have a theory that too much sustain isn't a good thing with bass guitar unless you want to sound like an organ.

What' strings are people using on their graphite necks? I'm currently using la bella deep talking flats on my status s2 which I'm pretty happy with as they give some smooth deep funk, but I may try some status half wound as they're very cheap and get some decent reviews, I find that round wound can be a little middy, on a graphite neck.

I've now got Prime_BASS's Status neck fitted on my P and love it, One of the best upgrades on my bass.

Recently done a tour of Asia with it fitted and barely had to touch my tuning at all. Cannot fault the neck one bit and it plays, feels and sounds fantastic.