Why become a member? ×

## Sold ## FS Trace Elliot AH300-7 Head
£230

Deedee

Hi all

For sale is my Trace 7 band 300 watt head.

Purchased from a fellow BC'er last year and is for sale at the price I paid for it. It's in excellent condition, the front panel lights up with a lovely green glow and everything else works and sounds great. Green carpet covered.

## Sale only now - no trades ##

Collection preferred. I'm based in South Yorkshire but I do travel to Nottingham every week. I'll also be in North Yorkshire and Scotland in August if that helps!

Cheers

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1408080744' post='2526856']
I have the combo version of this and it's all I've ever needed, we have a large church and it more than fills it, this is a bargain! B)
[/quote]

Many thanks.

It is a cracking amp and extremely loud but alas, I decided to give another amp a whirl as a back up/alternative to the other Trace I use. This is built like a tank and just about as reliable as it gets.

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1408639139' post='2532137']
How many watts using an 8 ohm cab? Thanx
[/quote]

Erm, I don't know is the honest answer!

If I could throw it open to the forum, there are members on here with far more TE knowledge than me???

Can anyone assist?

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1408645293' post='2532210']...Can anyone assist?[/quote]

From the manual...

[quote][size=4]AH150-7 and AH300-7.[/size]
The AH150-7 produces a minimum of 150Watts RMS power into a 4-Ohm load and the AH300-7 produces a minimum of 300Watts RMS power into a 4-Ohm load. On both amplifier heads there are two speaker output jack sockets provided, allowing two speaker cabinets to be connected. The combined impedance of these speaker cabinets must not be less than 4 Ohms. Two 8-Ohm cabinets is the ideal load for these amplifiers. It is good practice to use both outputs for two cabinets rather than ‘daisy-chaining’ them as it minimises the current required at the jacks and by the cable used.
[size=4]If you are using one 4-Ohm cabinet, then no further speakers can be connected to the amplifier or the combined impedance will fall below 4 Ohms. If this occurs you will just be wasting power in heat generated by the output stage and no more volume will be available than with the single 4 Ohm cabinet.[/size][/quote]

Hope this helps; good luck with the sale.

I think it would be more than that, bearing in mind that these are Trace watts (these amps are extremely loud).

I did use this head briefly with a Mark Bass 151std cab which I'm sure was 8 ohm. It was certainly plenty loud enough to keep up for a few classic rock gigs with plenty of headroom left.

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1408880424' post='2534253']
How about postage?
Im in sunderland tyne and wear.
Think someone is buying my gk 1001rb combo next week so i'll have funds
Thanx
[/quote]

I'd prefer collection but postage is an option, although I've no idea on cost (it is a little weighty).

Alternatively, we could sort out a meet up half way?

Cheers