Why become a member? ×

Bass/Mail forwarding to the UK

lawetlatla

I found my dream bass on an American site, & after being troughs numerous pages, I've decided that it's probably the only place that sells it. (Ive tried, believe me, but nowhere else does it exactly how I want) However, due to their contract with Music Man, they're not allowed to send it to England, though they are allowed to send it to an American address that can forward it to me. Has anyone else experienced this & found a company that provide this service at a good price & quality?
(I'm not sure where to put this, so correct me if there's a better place)

I agree about a UK dealer being able to help. We sourced something a little like this for someone last year.

He wanted a very specific bass and it was held by a dealer in Canada. We paid them, arranged shipping and import stuff and agreed a margin share with the Canadians so the customer didn't pay a premium.

Dunno if this helps, but not every shop or shop assistant is aware of a certain rule in their contract with Music Man that allows them to sell an unsold instrument abroad after two years.
I got two or three Music Man basses that were exported using that rule, and the rule was mentioned to me by Music Man themselves.

As to mail forwarding, this is getting more and more common, and one just needs to find the right forwarder.Sorry I can't be of help in that respect.

Generally however, more and more of the mentioned contracts include mail forwarders as forbidden addresses.

Edited by BassTractor