Why become a member? ×

Best spray paint for cab project

chrisanthony1211

I've already completed one amp which I'm pretty happy with but I'm going to have another go just to iron out all the little flaws in my first attempt. My first amp project I sprayed with black truck bed liner which has given the amp a pretty professional looking finish, however I wondered if anyone has some other suggestions that may look even better.

Another vote for Tuff Cab. But get the proper rollers... one plain and one textured. Give the cab a couple of coats with the plain roller then finish off with a coat using the textured roller. Very professional finish and very tough, too. The clue's in the name. ;)

Edited by discreet

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1406615586' post='2512938']
I've actually used tuff cab and I'm very surprised and impressed with the finish. I don't know how durable it is yet but the finish is very professional.
[/quote]

It's durable enough. The great thing about it is that if you do manage to scuff it or otherwise damage the finish it's very quick and easy to touch it up again. Something you can't do with vinyl or carpet finishes.