Why become a member? ×

Headless Or Headed?

[quote name='alexclaber' post='246334' date='Jul 23 2008, 06:59 PM']ZZ Top tunes with large beards gives you a unique exemption from all the rules of the trade.

Alex[/quote]

Ha!

Just thinking - we should have a bass 'cool wall' like top gear , but without the meglomaniac or the dwarf.

Price and build quality are meaningless etc - just 'is this bass cool or not'. Would ownership of it make a class bird climb in the back of a transit for a lift home via the kebab shop??

I have one of these:

Lovely little thing to play, great range of tones and problems with deep low notes (which some people sometimes worry about with small bodied basses). Balance is perfect and you can happily play for hours without any fatigue.

I do suffer from the 'misplaced fretting hand' problem though. I generally use the Zon at home whilst learning new songs and then my Lakland JO at rehearsal. I often find my hand falling a whole two frets out if I'm not really concentrating. I think it's the way it hangs on the strap rather than some subconscious stuff going about the lack of headstock though :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='248572' date='Jul 26 2008, 06:45 PM']Not a lot of people know this but...

The Warwick Thumb was originally designed as a headless bass! Warwick didn't like the aesthetic and put the headstock on.[/quote]

I knew that :) - it kind of backs up the argument that they just don't look 'right'...whatever 'right' may be.

Before i'd heard about Basschat i only had one bass, a hohner jack bass custom, headless of course. it did me for years until all of [b]you guys made me [/b]buy another 6 basses :) . All headed ones.
i still like my headless hohner but it does feel strange now that i have been playing so much with headed basses.