Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Starbass

DorsetBlue

I haven't played one, but looking at the specifications the Rockbass 4-string version is only 32" scale length as opposed to the Pro Series and MiG versions which are 34" (IIRC the 5-string is 34" in all versions). Also the Rockbass doesn't have the arched top and back. There was a review in Guitar & Bass magazine a few months ago and they seemed to like it.

I was in the same position as you and really wanted a 4 stringer in 34"
I still managed to find one of the Pro series basses for sale a few months back.. If you don't mind ordering in you might still be lucky if you shop around.
Saying that I have only heard good things about the Rockbass versions, if you are going 5 I can't see it being a problem.

Edit to say, there was a 5 stringer Pro on here for sale/swap recently ;)

Edited by Highfox

You're welcome to try my 34" 5 Stringer pro series anytime, I'm just up the road from you.....we could just turn it upside down!

I have one of the last Pro series Korean Star Basses and it was less than £700 from Thomann this time last year. The construction and finish is exemplary and whilst I have nylon flats on it, you will see on Youtube people slapping them with the original strings on.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1403966027' post='2488154']
You're welcome to try my 34" 5 Stringer pro series anytime, I'm just up the road from you.....we could just turn it upside down!

I have one of the last Pro series Korean Star Basses and it was less than £700 from Thomann this time last year. The construction and finish is exemplary and whilst I have nylon flats on it, you will see on Youtube people slapping them with the original strings on.
[/quote]

I might well take you up on that kind offer some time. :)