Why become a member? ×

Cheap if genuine?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-ebo-sg-bass-guitar-60s-70s-/251563903619?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2056016.l4276[/url]

Appears to be no reserve and seems a genuine enough advert. Bargain for someone maybe? I know very little about gibson basses.

Edited by Joeyfivebags

Yes it's genuine alright I reckon early to mid 70s era - the tuners look like Grover Titans and the pickup is in a more central position - also it has the later 3 point bridge. These basses tended to be heavier than earlier EB basses. A nice example although better pictures would help the sale.

Definitely not a copy, MIJ stuff from this era didn't try too hard to be accurate, I think the tuners are Schaller M4S, very similar to Grovers but secured with pegs rather than screws. These seem to have been commonly used on various 70s Gibsons.

Anyway definitely a low start price, very much doubt if it'll stay that way for long!

Jon.

Pics are so poor it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like a sticker to me. Looks like a serial number at the top & Made In USA underneath, both stamped on the headstock.

Just did a bit of Googling & I think it's laid out like this one:

I'm pretty sure it's genuine.

J.

I should probably add that i wasn't actually questioning if its genuine or not. I just don't know enough about them and thought it was odd to have 1p starting bid with no reserve, or maybe not worth as much as i expected.

Edited by Joeyfivebags