Why become a member? ×

Hipshot Rickenbacker Bridge - Saddles Gone Mad!

spongebob

Replaced my original bridge on my 4003 with a Hipshot a few months back.

Despite the horror stories, mine has been great - until last night!

Without warning, the D string saddle moved flat right down, and the string was basically on the fretboard. I then had to adjust it upwards after nearly every song we played. Not a good night!

Looked at it just now, and some of the other saddles have moved about as well. It's gone from all okay, to the whole thing going haywire!

Online, some have used Loctite Blue, which will apparently let you adjust, without being affected by vibration.

Just wondered if anyone else had had similar bridge issues, or can offer any solution?

Just lucky I've got the Geddy for today's 12.30 gig!!

Mine went flat to the deck - during the gig!

You'll love the bridge though - makes the bass 100% more playable. I too have for years played Rics as they came, and suffered!

It's quite liberating - and my tone became noticeably more 'Ric' - a mixture of the bridge, and the change of my playing position.

Where did you buy yours from? Aluminum or brass? I bought my ally one from Mark as Bass Direct. :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1402241590' post='2471251']
Where did you buy yours from? Aluminum or brass? I bought my ally one from Mark as Bass Direct. :)
[/quote]

The very same. The brass one was a tenner more but is heavier. I had an ally Supertone on my TBird and the sound was great.