Why become a member? ×

Orange tb500 & 2 x sp212

bassgurumonster

I had an audition for a classic rock covers band last night. walked in to a very long social club room to see two half stacks a 100w TSL Marshall And a Mesa dual rectifier ! aahh should have bought both SP12s i thought oh well.

grab the Roscoe Gain on 4 Master on 7 bit of compression sounded pretty damn loud so did me bit and see email received this morning blow nuff said

[i]"Thanks for coming along last night, I enjoyed your playing and [b]thought you had a great sound.[/b][/i]

[i]I spoke to the others today and we would all be happy to have you join the band if you are interested? I did like the way you were able to wing it with some of the songs that got thrown in at the end too, I personally had played quite a few of them in the past, but had completely forgotten how to play them, whereas you just played them. I couldn't believe what that little rig kicked out i might have to try the guitar version....J"[/i]

Edited by Stealth

• 2 months later...

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1407702742' post='2523221']
I used the SP210 version of that setup for over 3 years and it never let me down. I was always getting compliments on my sound & the look of the rig too. I only sold it to free up some cash otherwise I'd still be using it all now. Great setup.
[/quote]

It was indeed Tim. I`ve now seen a couple of bassists use this set-up and each time have been really impressed with both the amount of sound, but more importantly, the quality of that sound.

• 1 year later...