Why become a member? ×

Hmmnnn ......... change of plan maybe???

Angel

After a long hiatus of not playing bass, I came back to it and surprisingly found that I had transformed to a 4 string player rather than 5. Out of the blue I was really into my 4 and just couldn't seem to hit off with the 5. I'm one of these people who can't switch around - too confusing!

Anyway, a plan hatched to get rid of my 'old flame', a Reggie Hamilton Custom shop V, and buy a new super duper 4 to take its place (probably a Sandberg). But here's the thing ....... Having done a decent 'ageing' job on my no 1 guitar, I fancied doing the same to a bass, so I bought a cheap Squier jazz. The problem now is that I am in love with the Squier! It seems a bit mad to throw a lot of money at an expensive bass when I'm having so much fun with this one!

Gonna have to have a good think about this.

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401090492' post='2459825']
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm a bit torn though as I've seen a bass that I would LOVE! 100% what I'd like in a bass, and it won't be available forever.
[/quote]

Easy solution. Buy the new bass, try it out for a while. Decide which one to keep. Sell the other ! Everyone's a winner.

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401090492' post='2459825']
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm a bit torn though as I've seen a bass that I would LOVE! 100% what I'd like in a bass, and it won't be available forever.
[/quote]Details?

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1401100980' post='2459970']
Details?
[/quote]

I'm not too keen on 'advertising' it to anyone whilst I'm still thinking about it! I'm not saying that anyone else would want it, but it would be soooo annoying for someone else here to get it first!

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401102895' post='2460006']

I'm not too keen on 'advertising' it to anyone whilst I'm still thinking about it! I'm not saying that anyone else would want it, but it would be soooo annoying for someone else here to get it first!
[/quote]Fair play, but let us know in due course eh?

For the record, I agree with hamfist; given the Squier is a cheapy, having both isn't terribly extravagant.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401107388' post='2460072']

Interesting how we justify these things to ourselves, isn't it..? :D
[/quote]Oi! Don't go about laying bare our flimsy excuses for GAS; there lays the path to being sensible and that has no place here on BC ;)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1401107585' post='2460075']
Oi! Don't go about laying bare our flimsy excuses for GAS; there lays the path to being sensible and that has no place here on BC ;)
[/quote]

Yes, I'm sorry - what was I thinking?? :blush:[size=4] [/size]
Don't worry, though - I have a new Jazz four and possibly a custom five that I don't need in the pipeline...

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1401107168' post='2460066']
Fair play, but let us know in due course eh?

For the record, I agree with hamfist; given the Squier is a cheapy, having both isn't terribly extravagant.
[/quote]

To be honest, the problem in our house is space. Between me and son no 1 we have around 6 basses, 10 electric guitars and 2 acoustics hidden about the place. Add to that my 2 keyboards, 4 amps, electronic drumkit and chapman stick. Mrs A is not happy at so much as the mention of another instrument!

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401109887' post='2460104']

To be honest, the problem in our house is space. Between me and son no 1 we have around 6 basses, 10 electric guitars and 2 acoustics hidden about the place. Add to that my 2 keyboards, 4 amps, electronic drumkit and chapman stick. Mrs A is not happy at so much as the mention of another instrument!
[/quote]Another musician in the house? Methinks I spy a scapegoat; get it and tell the Mrs he did it! :D

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401102895' post='2460006']
[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got sold :(

[size=4][color="#000000"]Sandberg [/color][color=#000000][font=Times]TM4HCA[/font][/color][/size]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]I was gonna take a long drive to check it out this week but couldn't get a day off work in the end.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][quote name='Angel' timestamp='1401470139' post='2464002']
[color=#282828]It got sold [/color] :( [color=#000000]I was gonna take a long drive to check it out this week but couldn't get a day off work in the end.[/color]
[/quote]

Bad luck. Another case of capitalism alienating the proletariat.[/font][/size]

Edited by discreet