Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Silly Rig Question

Thunderbird

I know this might sound stupid/simple, but have a look (online) for an image of the back of the head; there's bound to be images somewhere. If it's got a Speakon out, then use a Speakon! That said, most new Speakon sockets are also wired to accept a 1/4" jack.
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1401014764' post='2459046']
I know this might sound stupid/simple, but have a look (online) for an image of the back of the head; there's bound to be images somewhere. If it's got a Speakon out, then use a Speakon! That said, most new Speakon sockets are also wired to accept a 1/4" jack.
P
[/quote]
I use a GK MB800 and it has speakons that don't accept jack plugs, my Trace Elliot combo before that did.

If making your own up buy new 2 pole speakons, I had an issue with farty speaker noise at volume, tried swapping out basses, inst cables, checked inside from socket to speaker eventually ordered a new speaker from the States only to track it down later to a dodgy 20 year old 4 pole peavey PA cable I butchered to make up a bass cab lead. :blush: It is easy to see if a 1/4 jack is clean or damaged but not if the little wire fingers on a speakon are opening, mucky or jammed.
I believe in speakons but as above don't skimp