Why become a member? ×

Bassist's Anonymous

essexbasscat

Hi,I'm Lee,and I need,or at least I've convinced myself that I need([i]takes a deep breath)[/i]another bass anna strap anna case anna lead anna load of talent anna bass thats not like the others but definately is NOT a T-bird anna bigger house to put it all in anna new job to pay for it all anna long holiday so I can find time to play it anna custom built P bass thats not like all the other P basses but is still a P bass([i]takes another breath[/i])anna huge car to put it all in anna roadie anna HUGE amp that weighs the same as a wrist-watch.
I realize that I may be too far gone and that nothing can be done,but I need your help.
Or just send money.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1402317514' post='2471997']
AAh do you want to buy anything else? What you needing?
[/quote]

Dammit Pinball, these poor people are coming here for [b]help[/b] and you're preying on their weakness, to fund your own habit. Shame on you! :)

Hello, my name is Sharkfinger and I'm a bassaholic (Everyone intones "hello sharkfinger, that's a silly name")
I have been clean (down to 3 basses) for nearly 2 years. I have only switched amps from barefaced/TE to Roland (from skag to methodone, if you will) in the last few months.
We will always be an addicts.

Just one day at time....

EDIT: OK, I did have 2 kit pedals built for me last week, a big muff pi and wooly mammoth clone. It's under control, I can give up any time I want.

Edited by Sharkfinger

• 2 months later...

[quote name='DavidMcKay' timestamp='1416079959' post='2606724']
My wife thinks I'm addicted to brake fluid.

I told her I can stop anytime!
[/quote]

Never heard that one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really did "laugh out loud"! Priceless.

I'm Eric and I'm always happy to buy another Bass/Guitar.
After more years of doing it, than I care to remember - I am past caring. :gas: :gas:

;)

I have a constant fight against gas.
Currently I have over 150 pedals, 6 guitars, more than 15 basses, 3 bass heads, 6 cabinets, 3 PA systems and a variety of guitar and bass related gadgets.
Fortunately I haven't bought a new bass in over two years, but I did ask a friend to build me a modified Electra drive on Friday!
As you can see, pedals are my kryptonite. It's always just one more, but I pretty much always keeps them just in case!
My wife has given up on trying to reign me in- it's a nun achievable goal I'm afraid.
I've come to the conclusion I'm just a hoarder.
Hopefully it will leave my kids with some interesting bits and bobs, that may even be worth something ;)

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1416130424' post='2607062']
I have a constant fight against gas.
Currently I have over 150 pedals, 6 guitars, more than 15 basses, 3 bass heads, 6 cabinets, 3 PA systems and a variety of guitar and bass related gadgets.
Fortunately I haven't bought a new bass in over two years, but I did ask a friend to build me a modified Electra drive on Friday!
As you can see, pedals are my kryptonite. It's always just one more, but I pretty much always keeps them just in case!
My wife has given up on trying to reign me in- it's a nun achievable goal I'm afraid.
I've come to the conclusion I'm just a hoarder.
Hopefully it will leave my kids with some interesting bits and bobs, that may even be worth something ;)
[/quote]

I'd say with that amount of pedals . . . . . . you need way more guitars and basses! :gas: :gas: :gas:

Go to it, my friend and rest easy - you know it makes sense!! ;) :D