Why become a member? ×

Tecamp Puma 900 *SOLD*
£595

Legion

Same situation as the BB2 cab - departure of singer and collapse of band means I have more need for cash than I do for a powerful, portable gig-rig. Mint condition Puma 900, with original box & manual etc.

I have made one modification under the instructions of Thomas (from Tecamp). The more recent versions of this amp have a small fan that is 'always on' to cater for people who were running them hard into 4 ohm loads. As I've only ever run it into my BB2 which is 8ohm it doesn't get hot at all so I've modified the fan to [u]only[/u] run when hot, instead of all the time. This involved desoldering one end of a single resistor and lifting it, which was effectively the same as cutting it, or removing it completely. I figured this way it would be easier to restore the functionality if needed in the future.

Just to reiterate, the fan will cut in when hot, it just doesn't run all the time regardless of temperature. This makes the amp utterly silent in use and was everything I needed as it also has the headphone out and aux in.

£595 posted. *SOLD*

Edited by Legion

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1400434124' post='2453823']
the best amp I've ever had!!!
i was in the same situation, i didn't need such a powerful amp, so i traded to a Puma 500 and couldn't be happier!

GLWTS
[/quote]

I agree…the Pumas are VERY cool amps..

[quote name='Captain Rumble' timestamp='1400439552' post='2453893']
would you consider a partial trade for a Puma 350
[/quote]
That would be a very good offer - but unfortunately the PJB I have fulfils my lower volume needs, and if my BB2 sells I won't have a cab to run it through either!