Why become a member? ×

FENDER ROSCOE BECK IV- Lake Placid Blue w/case

Etienne

[b]***SOLD!!!***[/b]

I bought this used on Ebay from a shop in Alabama a few months back... I'm now selling it on to pay for some newly acquired gear and to pay some bills...

This is an amazingly versatile instrument- by using different combinations of the switches you can get virtually any tone you like, and it's passive too! This is one of the early models, fitted with Schaller straplock buttons as standard.

Other features include a graphite-reinforced neck, Hipshot lightweight tuners with D-tuner on the E-string, and a fully adjustable, 2-way loading, roller-bearing saddle equipped bridge... For the full spec, please see Fender's website.

The body is downsized compared to a regular Jazz Bass and is quite light. It balances perfectly on the strap- no neck diving! This is a perfect gigger's bass- all the tones you'll probably ever need and very comfortable to play and wear!

These are pretty rare in the UK, particularly in this colour with the matching headstock and rosewood board.

It comes with a black tolex Fender case (a few scuffs but that's all), plus tools for the trussrod and bridge.

Condition is 9/10- just a few tiny dings/chips in the finish and some light scratches on the back of the body. I've just fitted a brand-new set of Ernie Ball Slinkys too!

I will ship this at extra cost (insurance recommended) OR it can be collected from Liverpool city centre. I will also deliver this within 50 miles of Liverpool in return for fuel money.

Thanks for looking!

[attachment=13136:DSC00175.JPG][attachment=13137:DSC00177.JPG][attachment=13138:DSC00347.JPG]
[attachment=13139:DSC00348.JPG][attachment=13140:DSC00349.JPG][attachment=13141:DSC00351.JPG]
[attachment=13142:DSC00355.JPG][attachment=13143:DSC00356.JPG][attachment=13144:DSC00353.JPG]

Edited by Etienne

Stop bumping this you fiend! It's too HOT!

Seriously though anyone after a jazz bass that's a little different this is the machine for you. Crazy flexible. My RBV (currently in the post to Nathan) was the best sounding and most flexible passive bass I've played by a country mile. Only parted with it as I'd no need for the 5th string and it was kind of getting in the way.

Mr Beck knew what he was doing with his design for these basses for sure. I'll have a 4 string one of these days!

[quote name='Alastair' post='251567' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:26 PM']oh dear god...I'm being paid tomorrow...you bastard! lol![/quote]

Just to be an even bigger bastard, I'll let it go for [b]£800[/b] if you buy it before the end of this weekend! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Etienne' post='270487' date='Aug 26 2008, 06:44 PM']Prime-time BUMP! Damn, I REALLY don't want to Ebay this, but it looks like I might have to now... :)[/quote]

One sold on EBay at the weekend - not as nice a colour as yours though :huh:

[quote name='flychris' post='271198' date='Aug 27 2008, 05:47 PM']Are you looking for a trade ? :)[/quote]

Hi there, I'm only interested in trading for Bergantino cabs, otherwise a straight cash sale... cheers!

[b]EDIT: Just bought a 2nd Berg HS210 today, so looking for a straight cash sale only on this now...[/b]

Edited by Etienne