Why become a member? ×

Youtube bass covers: Why do it?

Fionn

[size=4][quote name='blue' timestamp='1446153683' post='2897432']A lot of these guys that make these YouTube vids are the bedroom noodles many Bass Chatters are so protective of.[/quote][/size]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]And some of them are even playing Beatles covers… [i]sitting down!![/i] Heretics :D[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Truth is, why not post a video of yourself on YouTube? It’s just another way of sharing your playing with other people - especially if you’re not currently performing live in a band.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]I imagine that the majority of YouTube Noodlers do so for one or more of the following reasons:[/size][/size][/font]
[list]
[*][size=4]They want an audience[/size]
[*][size=4]They want feedback on their playing[/size]
[*][size=4]They like sharing stuff on social media[/size]
[*][size=4]They enjoy it[/size]
[*][size=4]They’re a bit vain[/size]
[/list][font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]Etc…[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]For a lot of people, I imagine is goes something like: [i]“I’ve been practicing lots and I think I’m actually starting to sound quite good. I’ll post something on YouTube to find out what other people think”.[/i] Cue plaudits or mass trolling, as is the way of YouTube.[/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]It’s just social media in action.[/size][/size][/font]

[font="Helvetica"]You could ask the same question about why people Tweet what they’ve had for breakfast; or Instagram a picture of their cat; or share their mood swings on Facebook; or a picture of their arse on Snapchat, or whatever. Some people like to engage in this sort of thing, others don’t.[/font]
[font=Helvetica]
[size=4]Truth be know, if you have to ask [i]why[/i] people post videos about anything on YouTube, then you’re probably a little bit out of touch with social media in general. That’s no bad thing, of course. I'm very much in the Why Don't You camp myself: switch off and go do something less boring instead.[/size][size=3] [/size][size=4]But there are millions of people who love this sort of thing.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]And let’s not forget, some people just like seeking a bit of attention. That’s why we play gigs, right? ;)[/size][/size][/font]