Why become a member? ×

Stingray 30th, bit dodgy

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Music-Man-Stingray-30th-Anniversary-FREE-UK-POSTAGE_W0QQitemZ270255282570QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270255282570&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1308"]Ebay link[/url]

Chipped and marked, and with 4 days left its over what id have paid for it.

If you look closely though, bidder 2 pushed bidder 1 out of his price bracket, and now just pushed bidder 4 out.

I hate when you cant see whos bid cause you know something dodgy is going off, Plus bidder 2 has only had his account less then a month.
Ill put money on bidder2 is the seller, looks like he maxed out bidder4's bid then will offer 2nd chance offer on it if noone goes over what hes bid.

Annoys me.

thats a gorgeous bass. i hope that for once a stingray might actually be selling for what its worth, but ye seems a bit dodgy

edit actually i dont understand what you mean, bidder 2 bidded on 14th july, bidder 3 and 4 have both bid since then, but have not beaten bidder 2's maximum? bidder 2 has only bid once

Edited by BassManKev

I don't know if he's making that money on it. I looked at an identical one in the Guitar Center in Orlando last month. It was marked up as $1800 but the absolute lowest he'd go was $1300 + tax (£700ish). Lovely bass. I loved the stained neck and headstock. Couldn't justify the cash at the time though.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh on him, people do after all outbid peple on ebay, it's the general idea. Considering they're expensive basses off the bat combined with the fact that that's probably the second one i've ever seen on ebay and that i've NEVER seen one in real life i think it could well reach £1000 if it was in good condition.

[quote name='SJA' post='241362' date='Jul 16 2008, 11:09 PM']is it just the way the pic looks, or is the nut scalloped in some way?

maybe a Buzz Feiten compensating nut?[/quote]
Aye all the EBMMs have compensated nuts now i think

And flamed 20th SR5 single H maple board and unpainted headstock all the way :)

Still around Mr C!
Yeah, sold mine a few months ago to Graeme who I think still has the original erection!!!
Regret the sale but glad it's being loved.
There is a '77 natural 'B00' on the uk bay finishing tonight.... just £800 at the mo. If it stays under a grand I might be tempted!!