Why become a member? ×

AME

hello there everyone,cant figure out why its taken me so long to join this forum?!
better late than never i think!
well,im a nervous Birrmingham City FC follower who likes anything from the rawest Black Metal,Gabber,to Beethoven quartets and Bartok's to Koussevitzky DB concerto's,Casals Bach renditions,and a huge fan of noizy banging computer music!
I try to play electric bass,nothing special,a Squire JB with Behringer Bass Workstation and BassVamp Pro cab simulation,and like to play Hawkwind,Lemmy Blues kind of stuff,without actually trying to sound like any of them,if you know what I meen!
I also have a Breedlove PPlus ABG,with D'ads XL Chromes Flat wounds,virtually brand new,its a lovely guitar,but somehow just not 'me'
My quest is really the world of fretless,with the UBass sound and 6 strings.Think Warwick Alien 6.
Also i NEED to try owning a DB,I am loving those awesome instruments,for me a lot of the Drum n Bass I was listening to.the Bukem liquid sound with the prominent DB tracks,but Ive always seemed to have wanted one to use and pass on,you know.
Owners must feel like an old loyal friend is waiting for them in the corner of the living room everytime they have to do the daily graft,I know I would.
So,whats to be done?keep dreaming about them or bring them into my reality?
Time is short,so I really need to take it seriously.who knows,I have always felt that in another life I actually was a DB performer,and that this was a full time occupation and that I had a really solid rep,to boot!!?!hh!
,I was born in 65,am single after separation,spent many years homeless and drink/drug probs,and am now settled,t total and clean for about 15 years now,and currently working ptime due to health issues,you know.
Just me my little dog,an Alexandrine Parakeet and a Cockatiel
All I really have is my guitars and my sounds,and Im also interested in communication/sound tech,and am studying for a Fiber Optics Tech certificate with the FOA online courses.
I come here to learn and take advice from all in this Forum. I suspect most of us are probably in TB Forum also,and so Im looking forward to a development in my musical journey,maybe a complete change of direction and new influences to be found.
Thanks for reading,and I hope to contribute some thoughts and ideas with you all very soon.
Nice 1! [attachment=161774:Ame65.jpg]

Welcome, AME!

I like you already. Your intro was impressive in its low-key, down-to-earth openness.
So (one is not allowed to start a sentence with that word, mind) you're into black metal, eh? I'm sure you like some Dutch nymph metal too, like Nymphicus Hollandicus! ;)

Enjoy the site!

Bert