Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Gallery

Matt_UK

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='246022' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:45 PM']Bernie's opinion and backed up by his not rolling in money and not being able to use his own name.[/quote]
OK, I'd suggest the passage might need modification so its clear this is Bernie's opinion.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='245919' date='Jul 23 2008, 11:09 AM']Well, there's probably some merit to that suggestion if there's visual consistency. As far as my own personal preference goes, I'd probably prefer to have as much content tucked inside Basschat as possible. How much information and anecdotal background could be attached to the images? Would the images/associated text help Basschat's search engine rankings or Flickrs? :)[/quote]

I agree; the best approach would be an application with content owned, managed and stored on basschat servers. Unfortunatley, I don't know how to do that.

The application is a Flex/flash application that can be embedded in a web page. Script accesses the Flickr API to get the photographs. I can/will add descriptions and comments for each photo, but again this data will be stored in the Flickr database.

I don't know much about searchwords, but I'd be happy to modify the HTML wrapper so that Basschat gets the benefit in the search rankings - you just have to tell me how to do this.

Again, if you think this adds value to basschat, I would be happy to work with you to make this fit with your preferred aproach.

Thanks

Steve

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='246063' date='Jul 23 2008, 01:34 PM']OK, I'd suggest the passage might need modification so its clear this is Bernie's opinion.[/quote]

You may want that in writing from the man himself. That's some big words to be pushing around when it isn't quoted from Bernie directly.