Why become a member? ×

Hi Everyone,

I bought these Thomastiks a few days ago from Bass Direct, and they don't suit the bass that I intended them for. On my bass for less than 24 hours. The E, D, and G are cut with 2-3 wraps for a 34" fender bass, so should fit on most other basses.

There was an error in the packaging and I received 2 D strings, so the A is actually on its way from Bass Direct, so you will actually get 5 strings.

I figured I'd give them a try as I like the Thomastik flats so much... but they're not for me.

Low tension, very balanced, easy to play. The outer wrap is quite a fine wrap compared to other round wound strings I have used, and they feel very smooth and silky to play.

[b]£30 ono delivered in the UK.[/b]

Pictures if anyone wants some...

Many thanks,

James

Edited by Jazzjames

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1399407420' post='2444002']
I dont suppose you would sell me the spare D would you (if ive read your post right)? Mine broke and im finding it hard to track a single down.

No problem if ive got it wrong. Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Dave - if JJ doesn't oblige then drop me a PM as I think I've got a spare D knocking around - I had exactly the same issue as the OP as they sent 2 D's instead of an A & D...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do Thomastik strings sound like?
Are they deep bass or zingy/metallic?
Are they uncut or what bass were they removed from?

I'm interested, but I don't get to change strings enough to learn much about them.

• 2 weeks later...