Why become a member? ×

Cheap "Vintage" Fretless Price Drop £70 ONO

Marcus

Hi Guys,

I purchased from this forum just 8 weeks ago a rather nice Vintage Fretless PJ

currently strung with Rotosound Flats it's a great entry into fretless

only little issue is the nut has a piece chipped off the side, this doesn't affect the secure location of the string in the slot in any way, but I wanted to mention it

[b]GAS is attacking so it's up for grabs at a stupid price of £80 [/b] ONO - these sell in the shops at £239 and represent great value at that !

[b]Price Drop to £70 collected[/b][u][/u]

Original for sale thread

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15760&hl=vintage+fretless"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...intage+fretless[/url]

NB the colour is best represented by the first photo, very Warwick Thumb sort of vibe !!

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='MB1' post='240147' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:44 PM']MB1. :)
Bloody Hell!....Billy Bargain?....thought he was still doing a 10 stretch for Armed Robbery?.....Sorry!.....,i'll get me coat! :huh:[/quote]

he's still in strangeways last I heard from him !

How you doin Martin ?

Treat this as a bump.... I'd knock the price down but at £80 it's too cheap anyway :huh:

[b]ok then £80 ovno[/b]

Yes indeed there are dots at the fret position......

makes it pretty easy to reference,

I have to say after playing this bass i'm really into fretless and will at some point venture into the fretless world again.... and it'll be unlined again !

........the lads in the band were pretty impressed when I turned up for rehearsal and played a couple of numbers on an unlined fretless !!!

Instant muso street cred :)

[quote name='captain black' post='241294' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:04 PM']Where abouts in Gods country do you live marcus?[/quote]

Hi captain !!!

In Sunderland but don't hold it against me :)

happy to meet up or deliver mate.....

Best I could do is meet half way

I get to Nottingham Regularly....

worth mentioning I'm there next week Monday / Tuesday

could potentially meet up anywhere on route from Sunderland to Notts

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Chris2112' post='242083' date='Jul 17 2008, 08:00 PM']I'll stick my oar in here, I used to have one of these and they really are great basses, when I got mine it cost another £100 and I still thought it was a bargain![/quote]

wise words :)

come on guys even with the credit crunch and impending recession £80 is nowt for a decent fretless !!

couple of people showing interest but nobody's put their cash down just yet !

cheers

Mark

[quote name='Netballman' post='242925' date='Jul 18 2008, 05:42 PM']How much to post Marcus? Sadly I just don't think a meetup is likely to be feasible (though I may be in Leicester on 6 August, but on a motorbike!)[/quote]

Hi not having a case for it posting is a little more troublesome than usual

I'd be happy to take the neck off and parcel it up, dare say that would around £20

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RaNoFuNkY' post='254782' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:00 PM']These things are great! I love mine, sounds great. And this price is an absolute steal!

Have a bump mate![/quote]

Yeah it sure is but it sure ain't moving !!!

Don't be put off by the price tag.... I guess you're thinking for £70 it's piece of Cr@p ?

you'd be very wrong indeed !!!

It's just taking up space here some come take it off me !!!