Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Yamaha Trb6p - *SOLD*
£895

Rumble

Now £865

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've had this bass for quite a while now, but as much as I love everything else about the bass, the ergonomics just aren't suiting me; the 6'er body is just a bit too big for my short arms. I had to get urid of my beloved Fbass for the same reason. That too was an incredible bass [/font][/color] :(

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The neck is fantastic and the tone is incredible, especially with the piezo ...... WOW![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The TRB6p[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] is a pretty well known and 'iconic' bass so I won't bother waxing lyrical. It is was it is.[/font][/color]

[b]Condition -[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I'd say pretty good for a 20+ year old bass, but it has signs of use:[/font][/color][list]
[*]The usual little dinks on the end of the headstock and the back of the body + tarnishing of the hardware.
[*]There is a 3-4mm nick in the lacquer along the top edge of the neck.
[*]The left (as you look at it in the picture) truss rod has over the years slipped down by about 4-5mm, but is rock solid in that position. It still turns freely in both directions. The plastic guard to the truss rod access was absolutely battered so has been removed, but you don't really notice. The important thing is that you the truss rod still functions.
[/list]
[i][b]Truss Rod update[/b][/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: after a couple of queries re the Truss Rod I have spoken to two luthiers who both reassured me that it's nothing to worry about. When the Truss Rod is loosened right off there's absolutely no movement in the rod and no rattling in the neck. The neck is true and stable, so both luthiers seemed unconcerned about it and discouraged me from doing anything about it.[/font][/color]

[b]Electrics [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 100%. Had a new neck PUP just after I purchased it a couple of years ago.[/font][/color]

[b]Action [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- lovely and low (to me anyhow!)[/font][/color]

[b]Price [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Asking £865. Please contact me for a shipping quote. [/font][/color]

[b]Trades -[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Higher end 5'er OR smaller bodied 6 string.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me with any questions etc..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pictures:[/font][/color]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-207-0-49908400-1351885093.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-207-0-05606700-1351885147.jpg"][/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Edited by Rumble