Why become a member? ×

Read My Amps Tea Leaves! What Does Your EQ Say?

Billy Apple

One of the strengths of the small Schroeder cabs is their low-mid hump effectively EQs a sound which sits well in a live mix, whereas on their own they can sound boxy. I miss mine, and I'm having to re-EQ to compensate. Haven't got it right yet, tho because I'm using less and less stage monitoring (using in-ears more and more) it doesn't matter so much.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1397837812' post='2427840']
Don't forget that our perception of hearing over the whole frequency spectrum is greatly affected by the volume level. The famous (or notorious..?) 'Loudness' button on hifi amps would boost the lows and highs, so that, at low listening levels, the lack of physiological response of our ears would be compensated. To be removed if one listened at a louder volume; did everyone do that..? I think not.
In short, when playing louder, you'll need to reduce the frequency extremes. To set up a 'sound', you'll need to be in 'band' conditions, not alone at home or in the practice room.
Hope this helps.
[/quote]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Head Nail On Hit