Why become a member? ×

How do I daisychain cabs?

NJE

I will try and keep this as simple as possible, I have a tonehammer 350 with one speakon out and two aguilar db112 cabs which have speakon and two jacks.

I know I need to daisy chain the cabs but does it matter how? I have one speakon to speakon cable and one jack to speakon, can I take speakon out to speakon on cab 1 and then go jack to speakon on the second cab?

Basically do I need to match connectors, so go speakon to speakon and then jack to jack to link the cabs or does it not matter where I connect the two cabs?

God I am confused.

Some Speakon out sockets have the facility to take a regular 1/4 inch jack plug in the centre, so check this first. You can get Speakon to 1/4 inch jack cables. Try OBBM...he does mine.

You should just be about to take an output from your head into one of the jack sockets in cabinet #1 then take a jack out (from the second socket) into cabinet #2.

Thanks chaps, I gave it a go and it seems to work fine. What I was concerned about was mixing connectors, I saw a post on talk bass that said I should go Speakon from head to cab 1, and then only use jack to jack to connect the two cabs. I thought doing it any other way and mixing connectors might mess something up. I might still buy another jack-jack lead as a spare just in case.

They're all connected together, so it shouldn't matter.

Any output socket of the amp -> any cable that fits -> any socket that fits on the cab -> any cable that fits in any remaining sockets -> any socket that fits on the second cab!

The only observation I would make is that speaker cable with jacks is different to instrument cable with jacks , so if you are using a bit of power through them ,I would make sure you have speaker cable.
Speakon to Jack should be fine as it will be spec'd as a speaker cable.