Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Barefaced Big Twin T (part-ex on a 112!)
£850

Part of me can't believe I'm doing this, but...

Up for grabs is my Barefaced Big Twin T. An utter powerhouse and simply the greatest cab I have ever used in my life. Weighs very little, handles huge power, outputs crazy volumes, goes down lower than almost any other cab I've tried and can be happily carried by little ole' me on my own! I love it. It's been the only cab I have used for the last few years. Super clean sound, very much like a high end PA in a single cab.
For those that do not know the cab is a 2x12, a high output mid-driver, and a tweeter. The 12" speakers are low-passed for serious lows, the mid driver is immense and has a 2 position switch for high or low output and the tweeter has your typical attenuator.
Details on the cab - [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/big-one.htm"]http://barefacedbass...nge/big-one.htm[/url]

Here is a review of the cab I wrote for my blog back in Feb 2012 - [url="http://sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/2/24/review-barefaced-big-twin-t.html"]http://sheponbass.co...big-twin-t.html[/url]

Why am I selling? Well following some major life changes, my live work has been shelved for what is likely to be a couple of years. I will be doing far more studio and solo work, largely form my home studio, and this cab is simply far too powerful to use at home with my amp on 1, the building literally shakes! So, this is being sold to fund a smaller studio cab. When I end up playing live again I shall pray one of these comes up again, or go for the newer version.

The cab is in great condition and is kept in a padded cover (included in the sale!) when not in use. There are no noticeable marks on the cab or grill. Handles show slight signs of use, but are still excellent. Anyone that knows me will know I really look after my gear, and this is no exception.

These don't come up often, in fact I've seen maybe one or two ever on the 2nd hand market. I am asking £800 collected from Nottingham. I will NOT ship the cab, so if you can't collect then I'm sorry, but it's a no go.

Only trades I will 'consider', with cash my way are...
Barefaced Super Midget.
EBS Neoline 112.
Maybe other high end 112 cabs/s (must have tweeters!).
Moog MP-201.
EBS MicroBass II.
Will also consider most powered studio monitors.

Any questions, send me a PM.

The cab appears in this music vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG940DEAazQ

If people need a better pic, I'll sort them when I have some daylight, but here is a photo of my rig (no, the amp or the bass are not up for grabs!:

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

Plenty of interest, but still available! BUMP.

I've been asked a lot about other trades. Just to clarify, I am only interested in the trades listed in the first post. I will however consider certain effects (I'm a bit of a pedal freak) in part-payment.

Edited by pantherairsoft

Despite withdrawing this cab, I'm am offering it again, for sale or part ex with the cabs listed in the OP. I really want to keep it, but my recording needs need something with full range drivers so I can use a single mic recording approach, and not destroy the house each time I track with it :)

BUMP!

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP! Trades updated.

I'm also happy to take payment over 2-3 months if this helps someone pick up a bit of kit that they would otherwise not normally be able to afford. I've done this in the past with a few basschatters, so am happy to do so again.

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='dnarocks' timestamp='1400010208' post='2449929']
I have a 1x12 genz stl cab with tweeter control. Obviously with cash your way!!!
[/quote]
[quote name='Stingray60' timestamp='1400091603' post='2450703']
I have an EBS Evolution Pro Line 2000 1x15 with tweeter 400w @ 4ohm if you would like a trade + cash your way, obvs.
[/quote]

Thanks for the offers guys. Unfortunately neither option appeals to me (the STL cab is one I tried and was not keen on, the EBS is a 15... Too big and heavy for my current requirement).

Cheers

[quote name='James Wiltshire' timestamp='1400264789' post='2452488']
You didnt mention in your ad but trade against barefaced Big Baby T?
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer dude, but I'm looking for full range drivers only. Stepping away from mid-drivers.

Cheers

Bump and a price drop to £825. Consider it £25 towards your petrol for collection!

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Darrenjnm' timestamp='1401557034' post='2464743']
PM'd dude!
[/quote]

Replied!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1401559932' post='2464789']
Sorry to hear about the redundancy Shep :-(
[/quote]

No need to be sorry... Unless you're responsible!!!!? :)