Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Tony Franklin Precision Bass - fretless sunburst
£1000

franzbassist

I had hoped this would be the one, but GAS means this great bass is up for sale. My lovely Tony Franklin Precision Bass.

All the spec is [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/basses/precision-bass/tony-franklin-fretless-precision-bass-ebony-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst-4-ply-brown-shell-pickguard/"]here[/url].

[url="https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/13824361603_5bb51bc0ca_b.jpg"][/url]

9.5lbs, good balance

You can hear the very bass here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxgf2gg6cQ4[/media]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bought new at the start of the year, I have made the following changes:[/font][list]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#222222]Dun[/color][color=#222222]lop straplocks fitted[/color][/font]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#222222]"[/color][color=#222222]F" neck plate added[/color][/font]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]D-tuner replaced with regular Fender tuner[/font][/font]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]La Bella white nylon flat wound strings (60/70/94/115)[/font][/font]
[/list]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Orginals will be included, of course.[/font][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just given it a good look over, and it has two marks:[/font][list]
[*][color=#222222]a 3mm chip on the shoulder (hidden by right arm when playing), and a shallow scratch to the right of it, in the picture below[/color]

[*][color=#222222]the finish has also bubbled slightly under three corners of the neck plate, which you can only see at certain angles, and the finish has actually cracked under one corner, so I dabbed a blob of black nitro on it to stop it getting any worse[/color]

[/list]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Case candy, hard case etc...[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These are £1750, but given the mild cosmetic damage I'll ask for a [u]firm[/u] £1000 collected, or I can post (£15 next day UPS with basic insurance, or £35 fully insured).[/font]

Available for collection from NE Hampshire or Central London.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gareth[/font]

Edited by walbassist

Sorry Gareth but your timing is rubbish! Excellent price, close enough to come and try, and even seen you demo it on YouTube, but I have just blown my savings on a '73 P. Oh well, you have saved me from embarrassing myself by showing that even a top fretless can't fix my shocking intonation :rolleyes:

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1397411505' post='2423688']
Sorry Gareth but your timing is rubbish! Excellent price, close enough to come and try, and even seen you demo it on YouTube, but I have just blown my savings on a '73 P. Oh well, you have saved me from embarrassing myself by showing that even a top fretless can't fix my shocking intonation :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Haha, no problem. That 73P is a lovely one :)