Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller at his finger style best.

bubinga5

Ive listened to this live album a few times, and this record. and was blown away at his playing. it really is amazing. a bit of slap, but some EPIC finger style on a 5 string. . [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Y3AOdEMM0[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

my favourite track from that album, since the day it came out. I absolutely lovely the sax solo. That fingerstyle bass line has amazing tone. I think I remember Marcus saying in an interview contemporary to the release, that it was played on a detuned 4-string though. Might be wrong.

Edit: I meant on the M2 album, can't play yt here and missed the "live" part of the post, apologies.

Edited by such

Marcus Miller's use of a detuned E string is all over the early '80s Miles stuff (Man with the horn, We want Miles, Star people) yet I've never heard it discussed much...sounds great on 'Jean Pierre' and U'n' I. I've no idea what he'd tune it to, often mid song it sounds like, C perhaps? Mr Dingus will know...