Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass Chorus.

ambient

not compared, but i have the blue analog chorus, and i think it sounds fantastic, really lovely pedal, a slightly softer version of the boss ce-5 to my ears. recommended, unless you want the flanger option of the bass version...

Edited by GazWills

The bass chorus has the flanger option, it will leave the low end intact while only effecting the high frequencies.
The effect on light also pulses relative to the speed selected via the rate knob.

This does sound like I'm sold on the bass chorus, but I'm currently using the Zakk Wylde chorus ( analog chorus with a different paint job ;) ) on my board. I need to spend some more time with the bass chorus before I decide to jump or not ;)

I'm interested in this discussion also. Been checking out a few YouTube videos for each and I can't say I'm convinced about the flanger option on the bass deluxe version. I'll probably be more inclined to go for the analogue chorus myself.

Edited by lou24d53

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1396101685' post='2409959']
I'm interested in this discussion also. Been checking out a few YouTube videos for each and I can't say I'm convinced about the flanger option on the bass deluxe version. I'll probably be more inclined to go for the analogue chorus myself.
[/quote]

You might want to check out the TC Corona Chorus. With the Toneprint editor you can create a Flanger sound and have it as your Toneprint on the pedal, along with the Chorus and Trichorus options.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1396201514' post='2410919']
You might want to check out the TC Corona Chorus. With the Toneprint editor you can create a Flanger sound and have it as your Toneprint on the pedal, along with the Chorus and Trichorus options.
[/quote]

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1396201923' post='2410925']
[/quote]

Forgot to say there's a catch though, the FX Level is unassignable, so it always controls FX Level, which means if for example you set the Tone knob to control Feedback, you're one short to control Delay Time by comparison with the Vortex pedal. You can set any knob to control up to 3 parameters though, but that starts getting messy. Basically, you could achieve a better sound than the MXR's Flanger with the Toneprint editor, but it better be set and forget on most parameters because you won't be able to control as many on the fly.