Why become a member? ×

A little Wah-wah Funk Bass jam

urb

hi peeps

just had a little time to record a funky jam with my Boss RC2 loop pedal (the drums you can hear are on the pedal, you can tap tempo them from a number of good beats) and my new EBS Wah One pedal - very nice bass-specific wah-wah - anyway this was all off the cuff - just trying out some solo and bass line idea - just a bit of fun really - hope you enjoy it:

Cheers

Mike

Loads of nice tasy licks Mike! Espeically digging 1:38-2:32 when your just playing with your index and ring finger exclusively, and that tone is just beautiful!

Edited by Josh

Thanks guys, I was just playing some fun lines, but I'm definitely getting in the mood to record some more solo stuff again soon, this is all in aid of research and development! Thanks again for listening.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Great meeting you at the Garrison gig mate.

Nice stuff. The Sei sounds really sweet mate, really nice indeed...bet your growing ever more in love with it.

Noticed some familiar phrasing around 3 mins, nice to see you incorporating what you've got down into your own playing, but in an un-mistakably you context!

Great to see your progress mate!!!! Out of interest, how do you find the ramp, is yours curved or flat? I'm thinking of getting one, although the pickups covers on my F bass are fairly wide and match the finger board radius so they're really helping my technique...getting the whole Garrison-esque 4 finger thing down!

Nice groovin' though...

J

[quote name='bassjamm' post='241110' date='Jul 16 2008, 05:43 PM']Hi Mike,

Great meeting you at the Garrison gig mate.

Nice stuff. The Sei sounds really sweet mate, really nice indeed...bet your growing ever more in love with it.

Noticed some familiar phrasing around 3 mins, nice to see you incorporating what you've got down into your own playing, but in an un-mistakably you context!

Great to see your progress mate!!!! Out of interest, how do you find the ramp, is yours curved or flat? I'm thinking of getting one, although the pickups covers on my F bass are fairly wide and match the finger board radius so they're really helping my technique...getting the whole Garrison-esque 4 finger thing down!

Nice groovin' though...

J[/quote]

Thanks Jamie - re the ramp mine is flat but then so are my pickup covers - the one on my fretless is radiussed (spelling?) - but I don't have a problem with it either way... they both work!

Thanks for checking this out

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='241339' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:51 PM']Thanks Jamie - re the ramp mine is flat but then so are my pickup covers - the one on my fretless is radiussed (spelling?) - but I don't have a problem with it either way... they both work!

Thanks for checking this out

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

That's cool man. I know some people have flat ones, others have radiussed ones...but i guess the general i dea is to just provide you with a raised level to bounce your fingers off...

Anyway, wicked tone man!