Why become a member? ×

I need a Amp/EQ/Tone tutor? Sheffield/Doncaster/Wakefield area.

Jobiebass

Aint got a clue what im doing with my amp eq or bass eq. Ive got Ampeg Portaflex500 and Shuker bass with ACG eq which is high mid cut/rain, low mid cut/gain. I really have no clue what im doing and leave both bass and amp on one setting all the time.

Been playing for 7 years now, played in a band but never gigged. I can play "well" but its just the tone I cant figure out.

Im sure I could pick it up in an hour or 2, offering £20 for an hour of your time, if you think it would take 2 hours ill offer £30.

Kind regards

Chris - Lives in Doncaster, works in Wakefield, hangs around in sheffield.

Feel free to text me on 07921074406 (no spam)

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Jobiebass' timestamp='1395864938' post='2407442']
Aint got a clue what im doing with my amp eq or bass eq. Ive got Ampeg Portaflex500 and Shuker bass with ACG eq which is high mid cut/rain, low mid cut/gain. I really have no clue what im doing and leave both bass and amp on one setting all the time.

[/quote]ACG eq - as in the filter based one? If so you've misunderstood it.... if it is a ACG filter based Eq I imagine that's the main thing - I've also got one in one of my basses in Leeds if you want a hand with that somehow

[quote name='Jobiebass' timestamp='1395864938' post='2407442']

Been playing for 7 years now, played in a band but never gigged. I can play "well" but its just the tone I cant figure out.

Im sure I could pick it up in an hour or 2, offering £20 for an hour of your time, if you think it would take 2 hours ill offer £30.

Kind regards

Chris - Lives in Doncaster, works in Wakefield, hangs around in sheffield.

Feel free to text me on 07921074406 (no spam)
[/quote]

What sound are you trying to get? What's lacking at the moment? I know the ACG EQ pretty well and should be able to help on that front :)