Why become a member? ×

SOLD

WishICouldWalk

I believe I'm the 3rd owner of this beautiful bass. Previously owned by P-T-P and Silverfoxnik. It pains me to get rid of this because I thought it was a bass for life. Love the sound and the look. The problem is, it's got 5 strings. I was faithful to this bass for 6 months and then played a 4 the other week (it's a jazz project that took me a year to finish). Almost immediately I felt more comfortable with the 4. I have to face facts, I'm simply a better player on a 4.

Condition-wise, I'm hard pushed to find a mark on it. Awesome pickups. Superb build quality. Here's a pic:

[attachment=10707:DJ5edit.jpg]

I'm looking for £675.

Pickup from Brighton would be preferred but might come to terms with posting it.

More pics available on request.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by WishICouldWalk

This is a seriously good bass!

As you said Isaac, it was mine and I only moved it on because, with my Roscoe Beck V becoming my main gigging bass, it wasn't being used and I thought it was too good an instrument to just be sitting on a stand at every gig..

I've owned a Ken Smith Designs Proto-Jazz 5, played a couple of Sei Jazz 5's and also tried Birdy's Sadowsky Jazz 5s at the Bash in March and in my opinion, this DJ5 is more authentically a 'Jazz Bass' than any of them.

It's as the Fender Jazz was originally designed to be; classic styling, simple to use but beautiful sounding...

I'd better stop now otherwise I'm going to want it back :)

Anyway, just to say good luck with the sale and have a free BUMP on me! Whoever buys this bass won't be disappointed and Isaac is a really good guy to deal with!

I feel your pain. I sold my DJ5 a few months back - couldn't get on with the neck. Now excluvively back to 4's - guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

This is a seriously fine Jazz bass at a great price - credit crunch or no credit crunch.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='247647' date='Jul 25 2008, 10:57 AM']Man, if I only had the cash.

I was on my way down to Brighton the day you bought it from silverfoxnik, and got the phone call to say you'd bought it. If only I'd got my foot down :huh:

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]
Sorry to get in there 1st only to sell it on! Place a bid on EBay, you might get it for a steal and there needn't be any driving involved :)

Yes, I was sorely tempted to go for this when you first posted it here, however in terms of cash flow, the timing is just not good for me right now. Best of luck with the sale. I shall try not to think of it while I'm in Brighton tomorrow...