Why become a member? ×

Hey all...

Jesus

Hey...

I'm just preparing myself for many many years spent learning and perfecting the art of Bass. I've been a frequent visitor to TalkBass fro a few months now and i've just seen this place exists so here i am.
Im 26, from Essex, and my perfect girl is any redhead (i know i have issues). Anyway, ive just got the funds to get myself my first Bass to accompany my very very old 100w Alligator Bass combo. I've got my eye onb a couple of ebay auctions over the weekend but if i fail with my over mbitious bids i will be placing an order with Kurt as RondoMusic USA fro one of his SX models (either a P-bass, J-bass, or Jaguar just to narrow it down). Ive got the TalkBass guys to blame for wanting an SX but it'll still be delivered to my door for around £140 depending on model so its a pretty good deal in my eyes.

Sorry for the essay, hope to get more involved on here in the near future.

Dean.

[quote name='Jesus' post='237273' date='Jul 11 2008, 01:10 PM']Hey...

I'm just preparing myself for many many years spent learning and perfecting the art of Bass. I've been a frequent visitor to TalkBass fro a few months now and i've just seen this place exists so here i am.
Im 26, from Essex, and my perfect girl is any redhead[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVRz_eSvc_I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVRz_eSvc_I[/url]

Let's all welcome Jesus into our hearts :-)

[quote name='bremen' post='237317' date='Jul 11 2008, 02:01 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVRz_eSvc_I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVRz_eSvc_I[/url]

Let's all welcome Jesus into our hearts :-)[/quote]

I retract my previous statement...

Cheers guys.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='237332' date='Jul 11 2008, 02:27 PM']Can you turn 0s and 1s into cold beer? I'm in dire need.[/quote]

Wrong Jesus...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26nT7J7rMs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26nT7J7rMs[/url]

Ive just won the bass i was after on ebay.

An Aria Pro II Rhino, ive done some searches on here, and there is only mention of one of them, in red like this one. It wouldnt surprise me if they are the same bass because after much attempted research ive only found 3 mentions of them. This one (which may be the same one as owned by a member of this forum previously), A white one currently on Ebay, and one for sale in Le Francais.

Hopefully when it comes next week it will be a very good condition as described and ready for me to make my fingers sore!

[quote name='bremen' post='237342' date='Jul 11 2008, 02:42 PM']Wrong Jesus...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26nT7J7rMs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26nT7J7rMs[/url][/quote]

Why is it that loads of BCers think a youtube link is just as acceptable as finishing a sentence? I'm at work! I can't watch videos! (no hard feelings).

[quote name='cheddatom' post='237405' date='Jul 11 2008, 03:55 PM']Why is it that loads of BCers think a youtube link is just as acceptable as finishing a sentence? I'm at work! I can't watch videos! (no hard feelings).[/quote]

Sorry mate! I know I'm particularly bad at that.

That one was the clip from The Big Lebowski, introducing Jesus the sleazy Latino bowler. The previous one was from Jam, in which an unhappy big redheaded woman in a tree sings Loving You while being spanked with a space-hopper by Mark Heap.

[quote name='Jesus' post='237273' date='Jul 11 2008, 01:10 PM']got the TalkBass guys to blame for wanting an SX but it'll still be delivered to my door for around £140 depending on model so its a pretty good deal in my eyes.[/quote]

hello from a new guy to a fellow new guy!

you can get those SX basses for pretty much the same money if not cheaper in the uk. the shop has got to be part of a buying consortium to get them, but they're around.

either way, you've bought a different bass now, so i guess it doesn't matter! :huh: just thought it would be a handy thing for people to know :)

Hey man...

They're difficult to find over here i've found. Theres a shop in Ireland that does them or has done them, and a few other but stock is thin on the ground from what i've seen anyway.

Im considering getting a basic P-Bass from Rondo anyway if i enjoy my first couple of weeks playing like i think i will. Its nice to have shiny things and at their prices i cant think of a good excuse not to.

[quote name='bremen' post='237410' date='Jul 11 2008, 03:58 PM']Sorry mate! I know I'm particularly bad at that.

That one was the clip from The Big Lebowski, introducing Jesus the sleazy Latino bowler. The previous one was from Jam, in which an unhappy big redheaded woman in a tree sings Loving You while being spanked with a space-hopper by Mark Heap.[/quote]

No need for an apology! Do what you like!

I do enjoy jesus on the big lebowski. I've not seen Jam. I shall have to check it out!

[quote name='Jesus' post='237494' date='Jul 11 2008, 06:03 PM']Hey man...

They're difficult to find over here i've found. Theres a shop in Ireland that does them or has done them, and a few other but stock is thin on the ground from what i've seen anyway.

Im considering getting a basic P-Bass from Rondo anyway if i enjoy my first couple of weeks playing like i think i will. Its nice to have shiny things and at their prices i cant think of a good excuse not to.[/quote]

the shop i work in stocks them, so if anyone wants one, let me know!

noisedude, I havn't seen her recently but to be fair, i havnt texted or called so she probably thinks i've lost interest.
We're about more than just her tho, i think you'll find all our women are equally as common, fun (read that as you wish), and attractive. Plus we stake claim to Britains oldest recorded town.

Bremen, i really hope it doesnt cause any offence to the guys and gals on here.

[quote name='Jesus' post='238021' date='Jul 12 2008, 04:08 PM']noisedude, I havn't seen her recently but to be fair, i havnt texted or called so she probably thinks i've lost interest.
We're about more than just her tho, i think you'll find all our women are equally as common, fun (read that as you wish), and attractive. Plus we stake claim to Britains oldest recorded town.

Bremen, i really hope it doesnt cause any offence to the guys and gals on here.[/quote]
How do you go about recording a town? It must be a particularly sensitive microphone I imagine.

Common, fun and attractive? Apart from the fun and attractive bits it sounds a lot like Leeds lasses!!

[quote name='noisedude' post='238028' date='Jul 12 2008, 04:18 PM']How do you go about recording a town? It must be a particularly sensitive microphone I imagine.[/quote]

I think this is true, but remember this is a long time before the Saxons & Vikings started recording their own towns so don't expect anything as modern.

Colchester town Albums, T-Shirts, Badges, and Picnic Baskets are available from all good music stores, and some bad ones.