Why become a member? ×

OLP with pickup not wired in yet EDIT: FAKE FAKE FAKE

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLP-Bass-Guitar-Ernie-Ball-/221396982961?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item338c49dcb1"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item338c49dcb1[/url]

[quote]
Currently not working as fitted a new pick up but haven't got round to wiring it up, as haven't had the time, and have a large collection to choose from.
[/quote]

Could be a bargain. But surely if is a simple job of wiring in the pickup, the seller would have done it.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote]
[font="Arial"][color=#333333][size=3]For auction we have my OLP bass guitar, lovely bass to play and is an Ernie Ball replica of the MusicMan Stingray.[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif, Verdana][size=3]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Currently not working as fitted a new pick up but haven't got round to wiring it up, as haven't had the time, and [b]have a large collection to choose from[/b].[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif, Verdana][size=3]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]That doesn't sound to me like someone who innocently doesn't know what they have there.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

I don't know, guys... That one does look like one of the later period OLPs to me. The headstock looks ok (the picture angle does not help, 'though), the bridge is typical of the last couple of versions of OLPs, with the studs and all, the logo is fine... behind the headstock it appears it has the usual "headstock design trademark licensed by Ernie Ball Inc" etc (no, I cannot read it :) but the layout and position looks right), and the horns also look typical of the later periods OLPs, although again the pics don't help. The pickguard is definitely the OLP design too.

In short, I see no evidence whatsoever that this is a fake. I cannot imagine faking an OLP either, why would anyone do that? It's not like OLPs are sold for more than other Stingray-inspired designs. ;)

My opinion, being a long time OLP "admirer", is that this one is indeed a later period OLP MM2.