Why become a member? ×

One for the amp guru's - PJB Briefcase issue

JPJ

I have a couple of minor issue with my PJB Briefcase combo that are starting to get to the 'must do something about this' stage.

Firstly, the compressor/limiter is becoming 'noisy' with an audible 'click' when the LED illuminates. Secondly, and this is a bit of a strange one, it makes a farting sound when you switch it off. If you switch off using the front power switch, it makes this sound (like a capacitor discharging through the speakers) but if you turn it off at the wall, it doesn't make this sound?

Any clues or is it time for trip to see PJB's recommended amp service centre (hang on, is there an amp service centre in the UK?).

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1395085466' post='2398542']
They are looked after by Synergy
[url="http://www.synergydistribution.co.uk/Welcome.html"]http://www.synergydi...uk/Welcome.html[/url]

They are very helpfull,
[/quote]

Thanks for that, email despatched to Synergy :-)

Just a quick update - I emailed Synergy at two minutes to eight last night. I received a helpful reply at seventeen minutes past eight! That, ladies and gentlemen, is customer service :)

Would you care to share the reply? I too have a briefcase which does the same ticking thing with the compressor. I am reasonably happy to turn the compressor off since it does seem to do much anyway, but it would be good to know if there is a reason or a fix.

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1395085049' post='2398525']
I have a couple of minor issue with my PJB Briefcase combo that are starting to get to the 'must do something about this' stage.

Firstly, the compressor/limiter is becoming 'noisy' with an audible 'click' when the LED illuminates. Secondly, and this is a bit of a strange one, it makes a farting sound when you switch it off. If you switch off using the front power switch, it makes this sound (like a capacitor discharging through the speakers) but if you turn it off at the wall, it doesn't make this sound?

Any clues or is it time for trip to see PJB's recommended amp service centre (hang on, is there an amp service centre in the UK?).
[/quote]

I don't have a problem with the compressor it is in fact much better than anything I've used in-line with the bass. The farting sound is something I have but since it doesn't give me any problems in use, i haven't done anything about it.
What does happen to mine is that sometimes when I'm using the amp the sound suddenly disappears and the light on the front goes red. I contacted PJB and they said it was something to do with the inconsistent nature of the mains to the amp. I'm not convinced.

I need to contact synergy as i accidentally broke off the sliders on the graphic when it got caught on something in the back of the car. :-(

Jazzyvee

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1395181261' post='2399620']
Would you care to share the reply? I too have a briefcase which does the same ticking thing with the compressor. I am reasonably happy to turn the compressor off since it does seem to do much anyway, but it would be good to know if there is a reason or a fix.
[/quote]

Basically, they've offered to give the amp a once over and a service, which they say cures most things. No specific causes given yet, everything subject to inspection!