Why become a member? ×

Fender P Bass Refinish

alexisonfire

Had to pop this up more so as a recommendation for Terry at TJC Guitars and The Bass Doc. As you can see from the left pic, younger me decided to 'relic' my US Precision. I then recently took it to have the output fixed and the guy in the shop decided copious amounts extra screws into the pickguard would fix it. Basically it was ruined.

I ordered a new plate from The Bass Doc and then sent the body over to Terry in Stevenage. As you can see the result is great! I asked for Olympic White in nitro so it would yellow nicely over time.

Now to go back in time and slap myself and a massive thanks to Terry and The Bass Doc!

[URL=http://s149.photobucket.com/user/martin_halse/media/Ampeg%20SVT%20CL%20and%20SVT%20410HLF/CD60F3B9-F057-4595-84A6-59479174336D_zpsfiz7wmag.jpg.html][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s61/martin_halse/Ampeg%20SVT%20CL%20and%20SVT%20410HLF/CD60F3B9-F057-4595-84A6-59479174336D_zpsfiz7wmag.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Nice to see a happy ending! I had a 76 Oly P which went all creamy over time, but that was down to the degradation of the poly finish rather than any change in the base colour... I presume nitro finishes go creamy too though, given the evidence of all those creamy nitro finishes..?

I think it's the top clear coat that tends to yellow, hence the older Fenders in "sonic blue" that look more "surf green"
Plus most of the older basses (and players) have done much of their time in smoke-filled bars of course.........

Edited by Shaggy