Why become a member? ×

fixed wah pedals?

GazWills

hey. so has anyone got any experience with fixed wah / fixed filter pedals on bass? there seem to be a few out there, and this one seems to do the job:

[url="http://www.rocktron.com/sweet-spot.html"]http://www.rocktron....sweet-spot.html[/url]

wilson effects and keeley also make similar pedals.

I basically want something that is the equivalent of setting the start and stop filter notches on a micro synth to the same frequency, and moving them up and down to set the filter...

This pedal, plus the keeley, have 'bass' settings so I presume should sound good on bass, but there are no bass demos on the net, so has anyone used one, or something similar? I'm not interested in envelope filters, or wah pedals, just something where i can set the frequency of the filter with a knob!! (looking for sculpting synth/fuzz tones, as opposed to 'funk')

cheers :)

Edited by GazWills

moog does look great, but does so much more than I need or would want to use, normal envelope filter sounds don't interest me at all...

I may just pull the trigger on one of these fixed wah pedals and see!

Edited by GazWills

not sure which to go for though, so far I've found:

keeley nova wah
rocktron sweet spot
daredevil pedals atomic cock
jekeko wah
[size=3][color=#333333][font=Trebuchet,]MXR KFK Q Zone Fixed Dunlop [/font][/color][/size]
[color=#333333][font=Trebuchet,]wilson effects fixed [/font][/color][font="Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS"][color="#333333"][size=3][b]wah[/b][/size][/color][/font]

Edited by GazWills

acording to the internets "What a wah does is clear - it is either a bandpass filter or an overcoupled lowpass filter that exhibits a resonant peak just at its lowpass rolloff frequency."
So any BPF or LPF with a high ressonence (or ressonance control) should hit what you want.

Edit: the movement of this is what causes the voul like sounds, which is why i thought that it might be a formant.

Edited by elephantgrey