Why become a member? ×

Nate Mendel Sig bass Neck Plates

dazza14

I'm a fan of the Nate Mendel P Bass, I tried one in Dawsons and absolutely fell in love with the neck and playability of it, and I've NEVER played a Precision that I liked, let alone liked this much! But while I was chatting to the fella in there about the bass he told me that the bass comes with a special/extra neck plate with a Foo Fighters design engraved into it. They'd had three of these basses in the shop recently and although the others had sold none of them left the shop with the extra neckplate! The reason for this was the shops assistance had swiped them to either keep or flog on e-bay. Because I like a bargain and would seriously consider buying one of these second hand i'm yet to find one with the extra neck plate, there is one in the For Sale section here, no neck plate (the shop had misplaced it), and there was recently one on e-bay but, again, no neck plate. So what is going on with the neck plates??? Anyone else found this???

Which Dawsons mate?

I'm at the Manchester one, and the 5 or so we've had left with the plates; as well as the one I bought for myself.

I know this as apart from 1 and mine, I sold the basses.

Very strange.

I've no use for mine, but I'll keep hold of it just in case I end up moving the bass on - I most likely won't.

Edit - drop me a pm if you'd prefer mate.

Edited by AndyTravis

One of my initial thoughts was maybe the basses were shipped from... um, wherever they come from, and the neckplates weren't included in the UK ones. Just a thought... The Dawson's was Reading, top shop and really good staff but just really odd, especially with the e-bay and the one on here for sale missing them too.

I bought mine through work and have both neckplates. I wouldn't ever use it and it's sat in the gig bag. If they're going for a lot, I'll
be flogging it lol! I won't be getting rid of the bass and as far as I'm concerned, the 'FF' plate is a total gimmick.

I've never actually seen a plate on e-bay, I just thought it was strange that a big percentage of these basses had the extra neck plate missing, both from second hand and new sellers. I think out of all of the ones I've looked at on ebay or here only one had both plates. And i'm struggling to remember that one! But then again it was a late night last night! I'm not saying people are stealing them or keeping them in the hope they fetch a lot of money, but it's odd that this extra is often missing.

I just find it a bit odd they're missing, as I've only seen one on a US forum where somebody had bothered to change it.

I was looking for people who'd changed the pickguard; seems nobody has. Or nobody's announced it online haha...

If I thought they were worth a few quid, guess I could be swayed.