Why become a member? ×

ARIA PRO WEDGE CUSTOM BASS (MIJ 1985 SUPER RARE)
£349

minkey1980

Rare as hens teeth these....

Aria pro Wedge Custom Series Bass

Looks like a headless but has a head???? My son calls it the 'rocket' bass for obvious reasons.

White/cream in colour.

Comes with fitted AriaPro case.

Light, great neck and has push/pull pickup config. so loads of tonal options.

definitely one to stand out on stage with...

I'm after around £349 - no trades thanks

I know, it's definitely different.

The head is actually quite practical as the strings just bend over and you clamp so quick quick quick.

One things for sure, I've never seen another one being played on stage (apart from the bassist from bon Jovi which I've just seen a picture of on google).....

Proper slice of 80s design.....up there with etchasketch....

Hi

Based in nottingham so if your near come and view.

The push pull seems to create a fatter sound so I can only assume it splits the pickup. There's one on each pickup dial. But there's no battery slot so it's not active.

Neck is like a fender p

Comparison.....erm, pass on that one. I've put new strings on so slap tastic at present but sound wise it's not as unique or different as it looks. I've got plenty of options though so similar to fender jazz s1 I had years ago.

Hi

Based in nottingham so if your near come and view.

The push pull seems to create a fatter sound so I can only assume it splits the pickup. There's one on each pickup dial. But there's no battery slot so it's not active.

Neck is like a fender p

Comparison.....erm, pass on that one. I've put new strings on so slap tastic at present but sound wise it's not as unique or different as it looks. I've got plenty of options though so similar to fender jazz s1 I had years ago.

[quote name='minkey1980' timestamp='1392724762' post='2371936']The push pull seems to create a fatter sound so I can only assume it splits the pickup. There's one on each pickup dial.[/quote]

According to the 1985 Aria catalogue ([url="http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/1985/85_ap2_cat_pg7.jpg.html"]Page 7[/url] & [url="http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/1985/85_ap2_cat_pg19.jpg.html"]Page 19[/url]) it's what they call a 'dual sound' switch – which usually translates to series/parallel switching.

Medium scale & a maple body and neck too – any idea on the weight?

Pete.