Why become a member? ×

Ampeg BA110

Samashton12

You`d need to be in a quiet band imo to use of these as stage monitoring. I love the sound of the BA amps, and have the 108, but I`ve used the BA115 which is 100 watts into a 15 inch speaker as a provided rig and full pelt I could barely hear it with a full band. Admittedly we were punky/indie type stuff, but not particularly loud and it struggled.

[quote name='Samashton12' timestamp='1392421481' post='2368727']
The new Rumble 40 seems a viable option but the lack of FX loop & being only 5 watts more, would it be loud enough?
[/quote]
Good question, being Class D however makes me curious as to whether it will give more clean output before giving up? The Ampegs sound nice but give up rather quickly.

Just had the fortune of playing through the Rumble 40 at Wunjo's on Denmark St. One word - incredible.

First things first it really does weigh nothing. It reminded me of the tiny 15 watt guitar combos my band used to practice with a decade ago, it was unbelievable.

The sound was impressive, the built in voicings (Vintage and Bright) were effective and allowed for tones that ranged from full on dub to slightly driven tube on the Vintage setting, and then a really nice slap tone with the bright switch engaged.

I didn't really play with the EQ because it sounded great flat, and the output seemed fine, although again i didn't push the master past halfway.

All in all, very impressive for the price, great tone, amazing look, and a crazy lightweight box.

EDIT: and after checking in with Ms Yellow I have just bought it :D

Edited by theyellowcar

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1392899497' post='2373913']
Just had the fortune of playing through the Rumble 40 at Wunjo's on Denmark St. One word - incredible.

First things first it really does weigh nothing. It reminded me of the tiny 15 watt guitar combos my band used to practice with a decade ago, it was unbelievable.

The sound was impressive, the built in voicings (Vintage and Bright) were effective and allowed for tones that ranged from full on dub to slightly driven tube on the Vintage setting, and then a really nice slap tone with the bright switch engaged.

I didn't really play with the EQ because it sounded great flat, and the output seemed fine, although again i didn't push the master past halfway.

All in all, very impressive for the price, great tone, amazing look, and a crazy lightweight box.

EDIT: and after checking in with Ms Yellow I have just bought it :D
[/quote]

Brilliant! Thankyou for the mini review! :D

Looking forward to Payday now. :)