Why become a member? ×

**WITHDRAWN** 2012 Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special, Sea Foam Metallic
£650

roceci

Fender FSR Deluxe Precision Bass Special, Sea Foam Metallic

Never thought I'd shift this but I'm a 5 stringer thru & thru, plus I'm raising funds for an upgrade!

This is a fantastic guitar with loads of tone options & stunning looks, the pics do not do the metallic finish justice. 9V active electronics with bass/mid/treble. Limited edition factory special run, only 150 produced. All original case candy, allen keys, stock white scratchplate and Fender gig bag included. Mint condition apart from light buckle rash & pickguard scratches, I'm the original owner & it's been gigged twice & played lightly in my studio. Recently had pro set up & currently strung with D'addario Nickels. Weight is around 9lbs.

[s]£650[/s] [s]£625[/s] £615 delivered or trades + cash considered for a USA Precision Deluxe V, MM SR5 or Ray35.

Here's some specs.

Body: Alder
Body Shape: Precision Bass
Colour: Sea Foam Metallic
Bridge: High Mass 4 Saddle Bass
Neck & Fingerboard:

Neck: Maple
Neck Shape: 70s Jazz Bass
Fingerboard: Maple
Number of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Block
Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
Electronics & Hardware:

Pickup Configuration: S/S
Middle Pickup: Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
Bridge Pickup: Dualcoil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickup with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces
Hardware: Chrome
String Nut: Synthetic Bone

Edited by roceci

Superb basses. Only reason I sold mine is I don't really get on with actives. Then they brought a passive version of this out, which I now have :D
This FSR active really is a very good bass. Mine was as well put together as a Yank, with rolled fingerboard edges and high mass bridge. The active eq covers pretty much all Fender sounds and it's a versatile P/J with a J neck.
Good stuff.
GLWTS

I think it was 250 produced but only 150 for Europe. Still, there aren't many of them and I haven't come across another in the flesh.

Legend has it that when they switched production of the Geddy Lee from Japan to Mexico that these basses got the first run of the new Mex Geddy necks.

Absolutely fantastic basses. Considering how many I've had over the years I've now had this one for 19 months and it still puts a smile on my face when I play it. If I had the dough I'd buy this one and put a fretless maple neck on it.