Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith Designs KSD 704 Proto-J TRADED

rockinbassman

Right I bought this a little while ago from Gunsfreddy2003. Only been used a couple of times since. Bought for £600
As much as I love this bass, I have another Jazz at home which I can not part with, so one has to go!

Its a Ken Smith Designs KSD 704 Proto-J with an upgraded EBS pre-amp on board.
Maple Board with Block inlays, and natural body with black pickguard.

This bass is Mint, and comes with a Tweet MTB hardcase.

You can get a huge variety of tones from the Eq on this bass, and feels and plays great.

Collection from Brighton, or postage can be arranged for an additional cost.

[url="http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/V70series.htm"]http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/V70series.htm[/url]

Im very interested in trades for:

A 5 or 6 String of some kind.
A P-Bass.
A Musicman of some description.

Show me what you have got!!

Also looking for a sale of around £600 (what I paid). Open to sensible offers.

Paul

Only a couple of pictures at the moment, will get some more soon...

Edited by rockinbassman

[quote name='ianrunci' post='233889' date='Jul 7 2008, 01:36 AM']Lovely bass. Seems a bit over priced though. But if you can get it go for it[/quote]

£600 is what I paid, and seems a fair price considering they go for £700+ and it has the upgraded pre.
If anybody wants to make me an offer go ahead.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='235713' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:07 PM']great sounding basses, wish i could buy another id so take it.[/quote]

It really is, if I didnt already have a jazz and didnt want a P Bass so much I would keep it!!

Looking at trades for P Basses

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='237774' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:38 AM']Would you consider a Warwick Double Buck 4 string in black, for a swap? I'm not entirely sure that it's on its going, but tell me what you think - it may help me make my mind up.

Regards,
Phil[/quote]

Not really what im after mate... im really looking for a Pbass.

[quote name='ianrunci' post='234100' date='Jul 7 2008, 01:04 PM']These basses stock without the pre amp are £480 before shipping costs and import duty, so add those and the price of the pre amp and it must be easily worth £550

So an early BUMP for a great bass[/quote]

If you speak to Bernie Goodfellow who is the UK Distributor for these bases, he sells them new for around £700.
With upgraded pre, you are looking at £700 or more.

+ 1 on that. The EBS pre-amp alone is £150 fitted.

That £480 price would be the conversion from US $ but then you would have to pay over 20% on top of that in customs and import duty.

This is a great bass.

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='241230' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:34 PM']If you speak to Bernie Goodfellow who is the UK Distributor for these bases, he sells them new for around £700.
With upgraded pre, you are looking at £700 or more.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...